04 October 2011

A sunny, blue sky sort-of-day...

Tuesday's come extra early for me.  I meet two friends, Lori and Tatem at Panera at 6am.  We have been doing this for almost a year (and have only missed a handful of meetings...okay maybe 2 handfuls...;))  It is always an adventure to see what God has for me at 6am.  I have come to enjoy and value the quiet that is present before the rest of the world wakes up.  It really is interesting to watch the city and the university 'wake up'.  Not to mention that sunrises this time of year are lovely.

Today I am remembering to find the good in the little things in life that cross our paths.  I am opening my eyes and looking around to see the little things that we overlook in everyday life that are pivotal to our existence and enjoyment.  The little things like:  parking lot lines, eyes to see, music that transports us, creativity of the human race, hot coffee after lunch in a cold office, sunshine, computers and Internet, office mates, headphones that block out distractions, desktop lamps, scarves and jackets, the briskness of a fall morning, a smile on the face of a passerby, hearing the voice of someone you love and who you know loves you.

There are just some things that make this life so much more enjoyable.  Those are a few of the things that I'm looking for in my day.  What about you?

FREE.
 blue skies.

=>h

No comments:

Post a Comment