24 January 2011

2011....WOW

So, as I sit in my office at work waiting for 5 o'clock to arrive, I realize that my day has been spent primarily on internet investigation.  By that I mean that I have been perusing websites...of photographers, of shirt makers, of newly engaged couples, of designers, etc...  I am in the process of trying to figure out how to launch my umbrella business...so that I can be successful doing the things that I love.  What do I mean by being successful you ask.  I mean having enough that I am not worried or better put, caught up in making sure that ends meet each month.  I mean enjoying what I do everyday and giving back to the people around me.  

Why do I bring all of this up in a blog entitled "2011...WOW"?  Because this is the year to make it happen.  I have dabbled in it all for several years now and its just time.  Afterall, my first wedding was 4 years ago and I worked in coffee shops for 6 years before and during college and I have loved making things for other people since I was little and for some reason, that I have yet to put my finger on people seem to like my sense of style and want me to dress them....so...all of that taken in to consideration, I am ready.  I am done getting in my own way.  I need to do this.  For me.  And for God's glory.  Don't get me wrong, I know that He will use me wherever he puts me, but I would love to use the talents and gifts that I love to use to further the Kingdom.  

It has been refreshing to look at the different ways that people do things differently.  (Yes, I meant to say it that way.)  I thoroughly enjoy the differences that make us unique individuals.  I look forward to cultivating those differences in myself and in other people as I continue developing and learning about who God has created me to be.  I look forward to the challenges (I may not be happy that I said that later in the year...) and the triumphs that 2011 will bring.  I know that God is in complete and total control, but that I also have to get off of my behind and do some work.  I look forward to that as well.  

My dad is reading a book that talks about the flattening of the earth and how much technology is uniting us worldwide.  In what he has read, he mentioned to me that the thing that is making things so much more interesting now, is that the big difference between people doing things and machines doing things is creativity.  I have always loved that word.  More than anything to me, it speaks of freedom.  I guess in a way I truly feel free when I am given the opportunity to create.  And more than anything, I love to create beauty.  Whether its, doing a lady's makeup for a special event, or organizing the bridal party before everyone walks down the isle, or preparing a wonderful meal for someone to enjoy, or making a beautiful trinket for someone to display in their home, I love to create (sometimes transform) beautiful things.  

Well I have rambled more than enough for one afternoon.  Besides...its almost time to go home.  

So I leave you with this that my friend, Krista McSweeney, posted on her Facebook page:

"live boldly, laugh loudly, love truly, play as often as you can" 

That is what I plan to spend the rest of the day doing... playing...and creating beauty while I do it.

=>h


free. to play. to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment