11 January 2010

And so it begins...

Well I am not honestly sure how to do this anymore. I used to be a regular blogger, but that was when MySpace was big. Now, I find I just don't have an outlet. Facebook is too open. Twitter requires too much up keep. I think blogspot is where I have landed because I feel no obligation to post minute by minute, but I also know that unless you care, you won't come see.

So the first post...(it will probably be a little random for a while until I get back into some kind of grove with blogging, so bear with me)
The beginning of a new year always leaves us wondering about what happened in the previous year and what will come in the current year. I know that no matter what situation or circumstance arises, God is in control.

I have given up watching television and movies alone this month. I was reverting to old habits of just being alone and not caring about doing anything, just letting whatever is on the screen take over. Unhealthy, yes I know. So instead I am doing crafts, surfing facebook (not that I am pleased about having so much time to do this), and lots of reading. I think I'm in the middle of five different books right now. Such a range of topics and types too: The Shack by W.M. Young, The Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado, A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers, Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis and Do What You Are by????.

I guess I'm just trying to find different things to fill my time. Oh I have also decided to try something else in 2010. A photo diary (for lack of a better way to put it). Basically, it means that I will be taking one picture each day in 2010 and at the end of the year we will see where this year has taken me. Because I did not decide to do this until earlier this week, I am not sure that I have photos for the first few days, but that's okay. The past few days have been interesting because the photos really chronicle my life. As soon as I figure out how to do it, I will put the photos on here and will put descriptions of what was happening with each picture.

I hope that I haven't seemed too crazy or all over the place in this brief post, but trust that I have said what I needed to say. On a different note, for those of you who know what it means to shoot some arrows up, please let some loose for direction and clarity and the general struggle with knowing who we are and following that path. I read something today on a facbook profile that made me think "do what you dream. shine on."

Truth.

This year more than any other I just want to be FREE.

So that is what I pray for myself and for you. That is what I long for. That is what I am seeking God for. Only in true freedom can we experience and give true love. And that is where I want to be.

*FREE*

No comments:

Post a Comment