11 January 2010

So I figured out the picture thing...but then I uploaded them backwards....oops


1.11.2010: Scissors for the ribbon cutting to dedicate the new Lewis Archer McMurran, Jr. hall at CNU. The building and growing continues. I think today I counted six new buildings that have been built and opened since I started there as a freshman eight and a half years ago. I guess growth and transition and change is in the blood there. Maybe that's why I cannot seem to settle successfully.


1.10.2010: These are Tatem and Allen's babies. From the back left counterclockwise there is Rocky, Widget, Riley and Elle. They are fun-loving and full of energy. I spent some time hanging out with them this evening. Tatem made pot roast, homemade mashed potatoes, and cheddar buttermilk biscuits. She has grown into a remarkable woman. A few years ago I would never have guessed that she would be where she is today, but God's grace prevails. I am proud of the woman that she has become and the little bit of a part that I had in the process.



1.9.2010: These are crowns for Rosemary's Womens Retreats. After making about 100 of these things I have finally figured out a system. They are relaxing to make and knowing that they will allow other women to feel blessed and to bless each other makes my heart feel good. I know that despite the effort that I put into the things that I make for retreats God always works through the effort that I have and something glorious results.

1.3.2010: The two following pictures are actually a product of love that I began three years ago. This is Tatem's graduation present from me. I used to sew and embroider greek letters for those in fraternities and sororities regularly. I began this quilt when I was in the height of doing that. However, somewhere along the way I got distracted and put it aside to deal with life. I hate it when life gets in the way of creative genius. And yes I know hate is an incredibly strong word, but that's really what I mean. Our lives should not be dictated by what situation and circumstance arises. We should not have to put down the things that we love and the things that give us joy and that bless other people because of the interruptions of life. However, I know that even in those times of "pause" there is purpose and God is working in us great and wonderful things. Finishing this quilt at the beginning of the new year has planted me squarely back where I belong when it comes to letting my creativity out. I completely and totally look forward to watching myself blossom and bloom in this wonderful first year of a new decade.


And I'm signing off now.
Free.

1 comment: